MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING January 18, 2016
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of Education was called to order at 6:30 PM by Board President Andrew Maertz. Present: Board members - Andrew Maertz, John Ebert, Vicki Petska, Rick Hein and Carie Boldt. Administrative Team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate and Angie Sanderfoot; Others - Dana Kornely, Joy Spatchek, Gina Meshak, Amy Hein and Becky O’Leary.
Mr. Andrew Maertz announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by President Andrew Maertz
2. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Rick Hein to approve the agenda with the addition of discussion item 6. e. WASB Resolutions, move items 7. f, 7. g, 7. h. to after closed session and addition of retirement request during closed session. All ayes.
1. Public Input
2. Discussion Items
1. Mid year review of District goals-will discuss 2016-2017 goals at the June meeting
2. Review of Audit report
3. Wis. Stat. 118.57 (new posting)-will be published in the Brillion News and posted on the school website
4. Information: Notice of School Board Election
Incumbent: John Ebert
2015-2016 Election Timetable
February 16 - Spring Primary
April 5 - Spring Election
April 25 - School Board member takes office
5. WASB resolutions
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Payment of bills - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by John Ebert. All ayes.
2. Approval of minutes from December 21, 2015 regular board meeting and January 11, 2016 special meeting - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes.
3. Open Enrollment/Special Education Space Determination; Policy 5113.01 (second reading)- motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by John Ebert. All ayes.
4. Teacher handbook with snow days addition- Motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes.
5. Support staff handbook with snow days addition - Motion made by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt. Rick Hein abstained. Motion carried 4-0
6. Teacher compensation Plan-motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
7. Support Staff Compensation Plan-motion made by Vicki Petska, seconded by John Ebert. Rick Hein abstained. Motion carried 4-0.
8. Coaching Compensation Plan-motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
9. Employment recommendations of Kim Luedtke as assistant Forensics coach-motion made by John Ebert, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
10. Work Release-motion made by John Ebert, seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal
Mr. Tony Butturini reported as follows: 1. Congratulations to Honors band/choir members 2. Parent meetings for registration 3. Thank you to Alumni association for lighting project 4. Career Expo 5. Thank you to Ben Krull
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal
Mr. Michael Nate reported as follows: 1. Enrollment 2. Connector 3. Thank you to Ryan McCulley 4. Thank you to the Kordell Dvorachek Foundation 5. Parent Teacher conferences
3. School Psychologist/Supervisor of Special Education
Ms. Angie Sanderfoot reported as follows: 1. Children with disabilities 2. Child Find 3. ACT & Work Keys 4. Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) 5. Educator Effectiveness 6. Manitowoc Charter School-changing to program from Charter
4. Board Members
1. Andrew Maertz- CESA 7 meeting
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 6:59 PM. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public
employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility.
The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session - motion
made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
1. Return to Open Session at 8:05 PM-motion made by Vicki Petska, seconded by John Ebert. All ayes.
1. Adjournment-motion made to adjourn meeting at 8:11 PM by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt. Motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.