MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING - January 23, 2017
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of education was called to order at 6:28 PM by Board Vice President Andrew Maertz. Present: Board members - Andrew Maertz, Rick Hein, Todd Schneider, Vicki Petska and Carie Boldt. Administrative team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate, Joe Cook. Others - Becky O’Leary.
Mr. Andrew Maertz announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by Vice President Andrew Maertz
2. Motion by Carie Boldt, seconded by Todd Schneider to approve the agenda. All ayes. Motion approved.
1. Public Input - none
2. Discussion items
1. Information: Notice of School Board Election
Incumbent: Andrew Maertz
2016-2017 Election Timetable
November 22 - Deadline for publication of notice
December 23 - Deadline for filing incumbent notice of non-candidacy
January 3 - Deadline for filing declaration of candidacy
January 10 - Deadline for verification of declarations of candidacy
February 21 - Spring Primary
April 4 - Spring Election
April 24 - School Board member take office
1. Open Enrollment committee
2. Financial information - audit report review
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Motion to accept payment of bills made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. Andrew Maertz abstained. Motion carried.
2. Motion to approve minutes from the December 19 regular meeting made by Rick Hein and seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
3. Motion to approve the Special Education Space Determination made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
4. Motion to approve the annual notification of Educational Options available made by Rick Hein and seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
5. Motion to approve mileage reimbursement at the current federal rate of $0.535/ mile made by Todd Schneider and seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes. Motion carried.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal-1. Big East Conference Honors Band/Choir concert 2. Career expo 3. Parent meetings/registration 4. Panther for a Day 5. Technology-Mr. Nate and new chromebooks
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal-1. Enrollment 2. SLATE committee 3. Chromebook implementation 4. Title I school 5. Forward testing 6. Summer school
3. Director of Special Education-1. Records review 2. Initial evaluations 3. Update on Open enrollments
4. Dean of Students/Athletic Director-1. Long range athletic facilities plan 2. Uniform rotation 3. Honoring past team accomplishments
5. Board Members -1. Fitness center 2. WASB convention
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 7:39 PM. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. (Superintendent evaluation and litigation information). The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session. Motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
2. Return to Open Session at 8:34 PM - motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Vicki Petska . All ayes. Motion carried.
3. Motion to adjourn made at 8:35 PM by Todd Schneider , seconded by Rick Hein . Motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.