MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING February 15, 2016
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of Education was called to order at 6:32 PM by Board President Andrew Maertz. Present: Board members - Andrew Maertz, John Ebert, Vicki Petska, Rick Hein and Carie Boldt. Administrative Team members - Tony Butturini and Michael Nate; Others - Joy Spatchek, Gina Meshak and Amy Hein.
Mr. Andrew Maertz announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by President Andrew Maertz
2. Motion by John Ebert, seconded by Vicki Petska to approve the agenda with the addition of discussion item 7. g. Open Enrollment Special Ed space determination, and move item 6. a. to 7.f. All ayes.
1. Public Input
2. Discussion Items
1. February 19th In-service
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Payment of bills - motion to accept payment of bills made by John Ebert, seconded by Carie Boldt. Roll call vote by Andrew Maertz. Carie Boldt abstained on check 66511, Vicki Petska abstained on check 66562, Rick Hein abstained on check 66540, John Ebert abstained on check 66528, Andrew Maertz aye. Payment of bills approved.
2. Approval of minutes from January 18 regular meeting - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
3. Work release requests - motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
4. Employment resignation - Adam Denor, JV baseball. Motion made by John Ebert, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
5. Employment recommendations - Nichole Mangin, Asst./JV softball; Shawn Eckstein, Head boys track; Ben Krull, Asst. boys track; Vince Denor, Asst/JV Baseball; Monica Haelfrisch, Middle School track; Kyle Meulemans, Middle School track; Jamie Brown, Golf. Motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes
6. E-Rate Infrastructure - motion made by Carie Boldt to replace all aging switches. Seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
7. Open enrollment special education space determination - motion made by Vicki Petska to approve one space in cross categorical 5K-4 and one space in cross categorical grades 5-8. Seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal - Mr. Butturini reported on the following: Thank you to the Alpha Leo and FFA organizations for their winter apparel donations. AAA Driver Training program. Beginning of scheduling process. Congratulations to Kennedy Hassemer and Joe Shikoski for advancing to FBLA competition and congratulations to their advisor, Mrs. Wiese. Congratulations to the Snowball court members. Thank you to Kim Luedtke, Greg Penza, Holly Thomas and Adam Hall for their help with the ACT prep sessions.
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal - Mr. Nate reported on the following: Enrollment-addition of one student. The latest Connector edition. Parent-Teacher conferences in January. Middle School spelling bee. Fireman book donation. February PLC meetings. February In-service.
3. Director of Special Education - Children with disabilities: Mrs. Klug will be attending the statewide Transition Conference; Early Childhood screening; special education spaces available for next school year. DLM and School based billing.
4. Board Members - Carie Boldt reported on the JJ Watt Foundation and “The Reject” movie. Vicki Petska congratulated Ryan McCulley on the great job he did running the wrestling Regional tournament on February 13.
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 6:53. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public
employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility.
(Staffing) The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
2. Return to Open Session at 7:30 PM - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
3. Motion to adjourn made at 7:31 PM by John Ebert, seconded by Carie Boldt. Motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.