MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING - February 20, 2017
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of education was called to order at 6:30 PM by Board Vice President Andrew Maertz. Present: Board members - Andrew Maertz, Rick Hein, Todd Schneider, Vicki Petska and Carie Boldt. Administrative team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate, Joe Cook and Ryan McCulley. Others - Hillary Sweere, Amy Hein and April Cerkas.
Mr. Andrew Maertz announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by Vice President Andrew Maertz
2. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt to approve the agenda with addition of Superintendent evaluation to closed session. All ayes. Motion approved.
1. Public Input - none
2. Discussion items
1. Information: Notice of School Board Election
Incumbent: Andrew Maertz
2016-2017 Election Timetable
February 21 - Spring Primary
April 4 - Spring Election
April 24 - School Board member take office
1. Co-curricular stipends
2. Financial Information-Health Insurance Loss Ratio
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Motion to accept payment of bills made by Vicki Petska, seconded by Todd Schneider. Rick Hein & Carie Boldt abstained. Motion carried.
2. Motion to approve minutes from the January 23 regular meeting and closed session made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes. Motion carried.
3. Motion to approve the increase of hourly pay for behind the wheel driving for Drivers Ed instructors (starting on June 1st, 2017) to $25 per hour by Carie Boldt and seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
4. Catering for the Recognition Banquet will be done by Wander Springs. Catering for the Evening of Excellence will be done by VanAbels due to the number of people attending.
5. Motion to approve the purchase of new geometry and algebra text books made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Andrew Maertz. All ayes. Motion carried.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal-1. Wrestling Regionals & Sectionals 2. Youth Risky Behavior Survey 3. ACT & WorkKeys Assessments 4. Auditor Contract 5. February 17th In-Service 6. New Scholarship 7. Thank you from the board to the open enrollment committee for all of their work with the district newsletter
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal-1. Enrollment 2. SLATE committee 3. Chromebooks 4. Title I school 5. Forward testing 6. Summer school 7. Truck Buddy
3. Director of Special Education-1. January 30 conference 2. WCASS conference 3. Autism/Behavioral specialist 4. Preschool screening 5. United Way 6. 2017-2018 Flow through budget
4. Dean of Students/Athletic Director-1. End of 2nd term 2. Honor Roll 3. FBLA Regionals 4. ACT Test Prep 5. Coaching recommendations-motion made to approve Monica Haelfrisch as MS track coach and Lauren Holschbach as JV softball coach by Carie Boldt and seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried.
5. Board Members -1. Katherine Winrich in Junior Iditarod
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 7:25 PM. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. (2017-2018 Staffing and Superintendent evaluation). The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session. Motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
2. Return to Open Session at 7:58 PM - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Todd Schneider . All ayes. Motion carried.
3. Motion to adjourn made at 7:59 PM by Carie Boldt , seconded by Rick Hein . Motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.