MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING - March 20, 2017
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of education was called to order at 6:32 PM by Board Vice President Andrew Maertz. Present: Board members - Andrew Maertz, Rick Hein, Todd Schneider, Vicki Petska and Carie Boldt. Administrative team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate, Joe Cook and Ryan McCulley. Others - Becky O’Leary, Amy Hein, Laurie Towne, Warren Wedepohl, Sara and Steve Lubner.
Mr. Andrew Maertz announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by Vice President Andrew Maertz
2. Motion by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska to approve the agenda with addition of X. a. Food Service Salaries to Discussion/Action Items. All ayes. Motion approved.
1. Public Input - none
2. Discussion items
1. Information: Notice of School Board Election
Incumbent: Andrew Maertz
2016-2017 Election Timetable
April 4 - Spring Election
April 24 - School Board member take office
1. Financial Information-2016-2017 budget
2. Legislative Update
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Motion to accept payment of bills made by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes. Motion carried.
2. Motion to approve minutes from the February 20 regular meeting and closed session made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
3. Motion to approve teacher contracts made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Rick Hein. Andrew Maertz abstained. Motion carried.
4. Motion to approve fall sports coaches contracts made by Rick Hein and seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
5. Motion to approve winter sports coaches contracts made by Vicki Petska and seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried. Thank you to Kent Kasten, Adam Hall, Mike Behnke and Paul Ourada for their service to Reedsville athletics.
6. Motion to approve Gary Schuh’s retirement as of May 22, 2017 made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes. Motion carried. Thank you to Gary Schuh for your service to the Reedsville Public Schools.
7. Motion to approve auditor contract with Hawkins & Ash made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes. Motion carried.
8. Motion to approve an additional activity account for the Panther Sports complex made by Rick Hein and seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes. Motion carried.
9. Motion to approve Andrew Maertz as the interim appointment to WASB Board of Directors made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Rick Hein. Andrew Maerz abstained. Motion carried.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal-1. Health Insurance 2. Open Enrollment committee 3. Thank you to Mr. McCulley 4. NHS Induction Banquet 5. Senior class play 6. End of Term 3 7. HS POPS concert 8. Katherine Winrich
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal-1. Enrollment 2. iPads 3. Title I 4. Forward testing 5. Summer school 6. STEM conference 7. Science Fair 8. Solo & Ensemble
3. Director of Special Education-1. United Way 2. Autism specialist 3. Birth to 3/EC 4. DPI training 5. 2017-2018 Flow Through budget 6. More items added to website
4. Dean of Students/Athletic Director-1. WTI Initiative 2. Solo & Ensemble 3. Panther Sports Complex 4. Coaching recommendations 5. Winter sports awards
5. Board Members -1. Carie Boldt-Locker signs at middle school for academic bowl 2. Carie Boldt-Great job to seniors on the play 3. Vicki Petska-winter sports awards 4. Vicki Petska-thank you to Adam Hall for putting together a packet of past baseball players information.
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 7:40 PM. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. (Compensation). The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session. Motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried.
2. Return to Open Session at 8:20 PM - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded
by Todd Schneider . All ayes. Motion carried.
3. Discussion/Action items
1. Motion to approve Food Service salary increase made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
1. Motion to adjourn made at 8:22 PM by Carie Boldt , seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.