MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING March 21, 2016
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of Education was called to order at 5:48 PM by Board President Andrew Maertz. Present: Board members - Andrew Maertz, John Ebert, Vicki Petska, Rick Hein and Carie Boldt. Administrative Team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate and Angie Sanderfoot; Others - Matt Jaszewski, Karen Bowers, Dana Kornely, Jodi Haese, Chris Shimek, Judy Hopman, Wanda Mueller, Debbie Gardner, Dan Sonnenberg, Tracy Shillcox, Laurie Towne, Chris Christensen, Gerald Giese, Joy Spatchek, Gina Meshak, Amy Hein, Becky O’Leary and LuAnn Boyea.
Mr. Andrew Maertz announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by President Andrew Maertz
2. Motion by John Ebert, seconded by Carie Boldt to approve the agenda with the change of moving Discussion/Action item E to after closed session. All ayes.
1. Public Input - None
2. Discussion Items
1. LuAnn Boyea - Health Insurance
2. Finance - 2015-16 Budget update
3. February Referendum Results
4. Educator Effectiveness Update
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Payment of bills - motion to accept payment of bills made by Vicki Petska, seconded by Rick Hein. Motion carried. Andrew Maertz abstained. Payment of bills approved.
2. Approval of minutes from January 18, 2016 closed session, February 15, 2016 regular meeting, February 15, 2016 closed session. - motion made by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
3. Conference Banners for the gym.
4. Employment resignation/retirement - Judy Hopman. Thank you Judy for your service to the Reedsville School District.
5. Employment - 2016-2017 Teacher Contracts.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal - Mr. Butturini reported on the following: 1. Congratulations to the Forensics team. 2. Congratulations to the Cyberpatriot team. 3. Congratulations to the Wrestling team. 4. Congratulations to the student musicians in solo/ensemble. 5. Congratulations to NHS inductees. 6. Congratulations to the Junior Prom Court.
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal - Mr. Nate reported on the following: 1. Enrollment notes. 2. The Connector. 3. March PLC. 4. Summer School update. 5. Middle School & District Spelling Bee. 6. 3rd Grade class & trucker buddy. 7. Dr. Suess week. 8. 2nd Grade science fair. 9. Wisconsin Forward Exam. 10. Early Childhood Staffing.
3. Director of Special Education - Children with disabilities: 1. Dissolution of the Manitowoc County Comprehensive Charter School, mid-year review meetings completed. 2. Staffing 2016-17. 3. ACT + Writing-administered March 1st & 2nd. 4. WI Forward Exam - Teacher training and testing.
4. Board Members - Rick Hein - District Administrator survey. Carie Boldt - Senior Class play was very entertaining. John Ebert - Great community at State wrestling. More timely meeting agendas.
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 6:42. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public
employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility.
(Staffing and Administrative Contracts) The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session - motion made by Rick Hein seconded by John Ebert. All ayes.
2. Return to Open Session at 7:57 PM - motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by John Ebert. All ayes.
E. Teacher Contracts 2016-17 - Motion by Carie Boldt to table discussion until
March 30, 2016 at 6:00 special meeting, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
1. Motion to adjourn made at 7:59 PM by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt. Motion
carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.