MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING April 25, 2016
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of Education was called to order at 6:29 PM by Board President Andrew Maertz. Present: Board members - Andrew Maertz, John Ebert, Vicki Petska, Rick Hein and Carie Boldt. Administrative Team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate and Angie Sanderfoot; Others - Karen Bowers, Tracy Shillcox, Laurie Towne, Joy Spatchek, Gina Meshak, Amy Hein, Ryan McCulley, Don Verbeten, Heather Baugniet, Becky O’Leary and LuAnn Boyea.
Mr. Andrew Maertz announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by President Andrew Maertz
2. Motion by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska to approve the agenda with the change of the addition to Discussion/Action item G Insurance. All ayes.
1. Public Input - None
2. Discussion Items
1. LuAnn Boyea - Health Insurance
2. Badger Exam Results
3. Finance - Fund 27
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Reorganization of the Board.
1. Oath of Office - John Ebert
2. Elections - Nomination of John Ebert for Board President by Vicki Petska. Motion by Rick Hein, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Nomination of Andrew Maertz for Vice-President by Vicki Petska. Motion by Carie Boldt, seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes. Nomination of Vicki Petska for Clerk by Carie Boldt. Motion by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes. Nomination of Rick Hein for Treasurer by John Ebert. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes. Motions were to close nominations and cast a unanimous ballot for the nominee.
3. Motion by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska to designate legal correspondent of Davis Kuelthau. All ayes.
4. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt to designate Denmark State Bank as District Depository. All ayes..
5. Motion by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska to designate Brillion News as District Newspaper. All ayes.
6. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Rick Hein to designate Andrew Maertz as WASB Delegate and Carie Boldt as alternate. All ayes.
7. Motion by Carie Boldt, seconded by Rick Hein to designate Andrew Maertz as CESA #7 representative. All ayes.
8. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt to designate the Superintendent as District representative with state/federal agencies. All ayes.
9. Motion by Carie Boldt to table Designating Committees and members, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
1. Payment of bills - motion to accept payment of bills made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. Motion carried. Andrew Maertz abstained. Payment of bills approved.
2. Approval of minutes from March 21, 2016 regular meeting with changes to John Ebert’s report, March 21, 2016 closed session, March 30, 2016 regular meeting, March 30, 2016 closed session. - motion made by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
3. Capitalization Limit - motion by Carie Boldt to approve increasing capitalization limit from $2,000 to $5,000, seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes.
4. Employment recommendations - Ann Marx - 7th/8th Volleyball, Dillion Beyer - 7th/8th Boys Basketball, Kelly Salm - 7th/8th Girls Basketball, Bruce Budysz - JV1 Girls Basketball, Vince Denor - JV2 Girls Basketball, Dave Bell - Head Boys Basketball, Ron Prochnow - JV1 Boys Basketball, Cory Kiekhaefer & Adam Hall - JV2 Boys Basketball Co-Coaches, Don Verbeten - Head Wrestling, Kent Kasten - Wrestling Assistant, Josh Ebert - MS Wrestling. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt to approve recommendations. All ayes.
Motion to approve Paul Ourada & Mike Behnke as Co-Head Girls Basketball made by Andrew Maertz and seconded by Rick Hein. Motion carried 4-1.
1. Employment Resignation - Kim Noskowiak - JV1 Volleyball. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
2. Health Insurance Renewal - Motion by Andrew Maertz to renew with Option 1 as our base rate, the district will by 12% of this premium. We will also have same plan as an option but with an increased cost to the employee, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal - Mr. Butturini reported on the following: 1. Wisconsin Academic & Technical Excellence scholarship recipients. 2. Valedictorian & Salutatorian. 3. Congratulations to the Forensics Team. 4. Congratulations to Badger Boy’s & Girl’s state representatives. 5. Evening of Excellence banquet. 6. Graduation attendance for board members. Vicki Petska & Carie Boldt will hand out diplomas.
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal - Mr. Nate reported on the following: 1. Enrollment. 2. The Connector. 3. April PLC. 4. Summer School update. 5. TEACH Grant. 6. Computer Donation - Shoot for Coop. 7. Spring Concert. 8. Wisconsin Forward Exam. 9. State Wrestling.
3. Director of Special Education - Children with disabilities: 1. Children with Disabilities - parent meeting for incoming freshman, Manitowoc County Para-Professional mini-conference, DLM. 2. School based billing-quarterly financials.
4. Board Members - Rick Hein - District Administrator survey. John Ebert - Open Enrollment.
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 8:05. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public
employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility.
(Administrative Contracts, Personnel, Personal medical student information, Staffing) The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session - motion made by Rick Hein seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
2. Return to Open Session at 9:22 PM - motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
3. Discussion/Action Item
1. Administrative Contracts-Motion by Carie Boldt to table discussion until May 16, 2016 at Board meeting, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
2. Employment Recommendations - Additional 4K Staffing Plan. Motion to approve Option 1 as presented made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Vicki Petska. Motion Carried 4-1.
1. Motion to adjourn made at 9:28 PM by Carie Boldt, seconded by Rick Hein. Motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.