MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING May 16, 2016
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of Education was called to order at 5:33 PM by Board President John Ebert. Present: Board members - John Ebert, Andrew Maertz, Vicki Petska, Rick Hein and Carie Boldt. Administrative Team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate and Angie Sanderfoot; Others - Joy Spatchek, Amy Hein, Jodi Haese, Kris Hanson and Becky O’Leary.
Mr. John Ebert announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by President John Ebert
2. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt to approve the agenda. All ayes.
1. Public Input - None
2. Discussion Items
1. Finance - Referendum results and Open Enrollment
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Payment of bills - motion to accept payment of bills made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
2. Approval of minutes from April 25, 2016 regular meeting with changes to include a sentence in 4.A.ii. “Motions were to close nominations and cast a unanimous ballot for the nominee”, April 25 2016 closed session - motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
3. Wrestling trip December 18-22 to Florida - motion made by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
4. WIAA Membership - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes.
5. Board Committees - Open Enrollment committee will start with John Ebert, Vicki Petska, Jodi Haese and possibly Michael Nate, Angie Sanderfoot and Ryan McCulley. Mr. Butturini will send out an email to request more committee members. Compensation committee for support staff will be Vicki Petska and Andrew Maertz and for teachers will be Rick Hein and Carie Boldt.
6. Approval of Open Enrollment-into/out of district - motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt.
7. Youth Apprenticeship presentation
8. School fees, lunch prices, substitute pay - motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt.
9. Health Insurance
10. Employment recommendations - Carissa Miller (Special Education Teacher) Motion by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt to approve recommendations. All ayes. Middle School/High School choir instructor tabled until June meeting - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Rick Hein.
11. Employment Resignation - Kyle Meulemans - High School social studies. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal - Mr. Butturini reported on the following: 1. Thank you to Jamie & Heather 2. AP exams 3. Talent Show 4. Evening of Excellence 5. Graduation 6. Thank you to Lorrigans 7. Interview committee 8. June meeting date will be June 13th at 6:30 PM
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal - Mr. Nate reported on the following: 1. Enrollment notes 2. The Connector 3. Summer School update 4. Forward exam 5. Spring concerts 6. DC Adventures 7. Congratulations to Raye Kugle and Matthew Oswald 8. Grandparent’s Day 9. Scheduling
3. Director of Special Education - Children with disabilities: 1. Children with Disabilities - new rubric for space determination decisions, new Procedural Compliance Self-Assessment process, SE form revisions
2. Staffing - recommendation to hire Carissa Miller at the High School, para-pro evaluations underway 3. School based billing - reimbursement checks for transportation and attendant care services
4. Board Members - Carie Boldt reported on the movie “Reject”, John Ebert attended the recognition banquet at Valders and would like Reedsville to use Valders’ format.
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 6:48 PM. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public
employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility.
(Administrative Contracts, Superintendent Evaluation, consideration of employment) The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session - motion made by Vicki Petska seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
2. Return to Open Session at 9:05 PM - motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Vicki Petska . All ayes.
3. Discussion/Action Item
1. Administrative Contracts - motion made by Rick Hein and seconded by Vicki Petska to renew Michael Nate. All ayes.
Motion made by Rick Hein and seconded by Vicki Petska to renew Angie Sanderfoot. All ayes.
Motion made by Rick Hein and seconded by Vicki Petska to renew Tony Butturini. Motion carried 4-1.
1. Motion to adjourn made at 9:07 PM by Carie Boldt , seconded by Andrew Maertz . Motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.