MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING June 13, 2016
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of Education was called to order at 6:35 PM by Board President John Ebert. Present: Board members - John Ebert, Andrew Maertz, Vicki Petska, Rick Hein and Carie Boldt. Administrative Team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate, Angie Sanderfoot and Ryan McCulley; Others - Amy Hein, Ted Pierce and Becky O’Leary.
Mr. John Ebert announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by President John Ebert
2. Motion by Vicki Petska, seconded by Rick Hein to approve the agenda with the addition of Discussion item F. All ayes.
1. Public Input - Ted Pierce discussed staff retirement.
2. Discussion Items
1. CESA 7 school district insurance information
2. Budget forecast
3. Procedures for donations to school
4. Open Enrollment committee
5. Evaluation of 2015-2016 district goals
6. Support & Extra Curricular contract template
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Payment of bills - motion to accept payment of bills made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Rick Hein. Vicki Petska abstained. Payment of bills approved.
2. Approval of minutes from May 16, 2016 regular meeting and May 16, 2016 closed session - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes.
3. Employee resignation-Pam Hammel, instrumental music and Dave Bell, high school math - motion made by Andrew Maertz, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
4. Employment recommendations-Susan Conner, high school social studies; Marie Putman, vocal music; Laura Ziemer, 4K/early childhood; Gina Meshak, JV volleyball; Sara Ebert, JV2 volleyball - motion made by Andrew Maertz, seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes.
5. Early Graduation requests - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. Motion approved 4-1.
6. 2016-2017 Board meeting schedule - motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal - Mr. Butturini reported on the following: 1. Thank you to Carie & Vicki 2. PLC meeting 3. 2016-2017 district goals
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal - Mr. Nate reported on the following: 1. Enrollment 2. The Connector 3. Summer School update 4. Parent outreach activities 5. Connie Peterman’s report 6. New Choir teacher packet
3. Director of Special Education - 1. Children with disabilities-SE population
2. Staffing-EC/4K/5K recommendation 3. School based billing-2014-2015 Annual Cost report
4. Dean of Students/Athletic Director - 1. PRIDE block 2. SAIL program 3. Coaching positions 4. Athletic/Extra/Co-curricular code 5. Spring sports congratulations
5. Board Members - Vicki Petska spoke on the Evening of Excellence and Van Abels catering. She also spoke about the board members were not aware of a teacher’s resignation.
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 7:42 PM. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public
employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility.
(Staffing and District Administrator Evaluation) The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session - motion made by Carie Boldt seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes.
2. Return to Open Session at 9:11 PM - motion made by John Ebert, seconded by Andrew Maertz . All ayes.
3. Motion to adjourn made at 9:12 PM by Andrew Maertz , seconded by Carie Boldt . Motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.