MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING - June 19, 2017
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of education was called to order at 6:30 PM by Board President Andrew Maertz. Present: Board members - Andrew Maertz, Todd Schneider, Vicki Petska and Carie Boldt. Administrative team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate, Joe Cook and Ryan McCulley. Others - Hillary Sweere and Myron Genrich.
Mr. Andrew Maertz announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by President Andrew Maertz
2. Discussion/Action-Approval of agenda
1. Public Input - none
2. Discussion items
1. Buy out clause-add to July agenda
2. Middle school technology fee-add to July agenda
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Motion to approve Berners Schober Associates as the engineering firm to replace the chillers made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried. Thank you to Myron for all the time you put into finding the bids.
2. Motion to accept payment of bills made by Todd Schneider, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes. Motion carried.
3. Motion to approve minutes from the May 15 regular meeting and closed session and the May 24 special meeting and closed session made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried.
4. Motion to approve Tara Rice as LEA made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried.
5. Motion to go up to 10 hours and inform Brillion of agreement to share position made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
6. Motion to include a stipend for the “Reedsville Go” club advisor made by Andrew Maertz and seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes. Motion carried.
7. Motion to approve Debbie Bauknecht as special education aide made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried.
8. Employment recommendation for Elementary/Middle school teacher tabled until July.
9. Motion to accept the CESA #7 contract for $85,123.00 made by Vicki Petska, seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal-1. Thank you to Jamie Brown 2. Thank you to Ryan McCulley and staff on excellent 2016-2017 year 3. Legislative meeting update 4. August in-service
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal-1. Enrollment 2. Grant update 3. Summer school 4. Middle School staff meeting 5. Early 4K discussion 6. End of Year report
3. Director of Special Education-1. Annual cost settlement 2. Lutheran Social Services 3. 2nd annual mental health summit 4. Senate Bill 211 5. Board action items
4. Dean of Students/Athletic Director-1. End of Term 4/Honor Roll 2. Spring sports awards 3. Panther Sports Complex 4. Coaching recommendations
5. Board Members -1. Vicki reported that Google Drive is not HIPPA compliant. She also wanted to thank Ryan, Michael and Jamie for going above and beyond your contractual duties. Andrew attended the WASB meeting.
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 7:59 PM. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. (litigation and staffing). The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session. Motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried.
2. Return to Open Session at 8:26 PM - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska . All ayes. Motion carried.
3. Discussion/Action - compensation tabled until July
4. Motion to adjourn made at 8:27 PM by Carie Boldt , seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.