MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING - October 30, 2017
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of education was called to order at 6:30 PM by Board President Andrew Maertz. Present: Board members - Andrew Maertz, Vicki Petska, Rick Hein and Carie Boldt. Administrative team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate, Joe Cook and Ryan McCulley. Others - Laurie Towne, Becky O’Leary, Louis VandeHey, and Amy Hein. Todd Schneider arrived at 6:40 PM.
Mr. Andrew Maertz called the meeting to order at 6:30 and announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by President Andrew Maertz
2. Motion to approve agenda made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska.
1. Public Input - none
2. Discussion items
1. Employment announcements - Colleen Cummings (Food Service), Coaches: Lucas Ubersox (5th Grade Boys Basketball), Michael Nate (6th Grade Boys Basketball), Dillion Beyer (7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball), Heather Kiekhaefer (JV1 Girls Basketball), Lauren Holschbach (JV2 Girls Basketball), Kelly Salm (7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball), Michael Larson (5th Grade Girls Basketball), Brittany Zeman (6th Grade Girls Basketball), Joshua Ebert (Middle School Wrestling), Adam Hall (Head Baseball), Benjamin Krull (Asst Boys Track), Christine Shimek (Head Girls Track), Kristine Hanson (Asst Girls Track), Monica Haelfrisch (Middle School Track), Jamie Brown (Head Golf), Jim Meidl (Head Softball), Lauren Holschbach (JV Softball); Resignation of Darlene Reno (Food Service).
1. Information: Notice of School Board Election
Incumbent: Vicki Petska
2017-2018 Election Timetable
November 28 - Deadline for publication of notice
December 22 - Deadline for filing incumbent notice of non-candidacy
January 2 - Deadline for filing declaration of candidacy
January 9 - Deadline for verification of declarations of candidacy
February 20 - Spring Primary
April 3 - Spring Election
April 23 - School Board member take office
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Motion to accept payment of bills made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Rick Hein. Andrew Maertz abstained. Motion carried 4-0.
2. Motion to approve minutes from the September 18 regular meeting and October 9 special meeting made by Vicki Petska and seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes. Motion carried.
3. Motion to certifiy the levy made by Rick Hein, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes. Motion carried.
4. Motion to approve Louis VandeHey as Tech Ed teacher made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried.
5. Motion to approve a $1000 increase in teacher wages with retroactive pay starting July 1st, 2017 made by Todd Schneider and seconded by Rick Hein. Andrew Maertz abstained. Motion carried 4-0.
6. Motion to approve a $0.25/hour wage increase for aides and custodians with retroactive pay starting July 1st, 2017 made by Rick Hein and seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried.
7. Motion to approve the Long Range Capital Improvement plan with revisions made by Vicki Petska and seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes. Motion carried.
8. Motion to approve the 2016-2017 audit made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Andrew Maertz. All ayes. Motion carried.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal-1. Long range capital improvement plan 2. 2018-19 school calendar 3. 4th St. bridge project 4. Handbook committee 5. Baird budget forecast meeting
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal-1. TEACH grant 2. REAP grant 3. Highly qualified paraprofessionals 4. GLO-Run 5. Veteran’s Day program 6. Bullying prevention week 7. Fire prevention week
3. Director of Special Education-1. Social worker update 2. September 22 inservice 3. Mental health training 4. State Special Ed Directors conference 5. Revise Special Ed OE Policy 6. Independent Education Evaluation Policy
4. Dean of Students/Athletic Director-1. Coaching positions 2. Pink Night 3. Longe range athletic facilities plan 4. Panther Sports Complex
5. Board Members -1. Vicki Petska-Great job to Jamie Brown with her work in the Apprenticeship program 2. Andrew Maertz will be attending the WASB legislative advocacy meeting and will be touring Skyward in November.
1. Adjourn into Closed Session at 7:16 PM. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. (staffing). The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session. Motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Todd Schneider. All ayes. Motion carried.
2. Motion made by Carie Boldt and seconded by Todd Schneider to adjourn at 8:05 PM. All ayes. Motion carried.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.