MINUTES - REGULAR BOARD MEETING December 21, 2015
The regular meeting of the Reedsville Board of Education was called to order at 5:53 PM by Board President Andrew Maertz. Present: Board members - Andrew Maertz, John Ebert, Vicki Petska, Rick Hein and Carie Boldt. Administrative Team members - Tony Butturini, Michael Nate and Andie Sanderfoot; Others - Jodi Haese, Karen Bowers, and Becky O’Leary.
Mr. Andrew Maertz announced that proper legal notice of the meeting had been given.
1. Pledge of Allegiance led by President Andrew Maertz
2. Motion by Rick Hein, seconded by Vicki Petska to approve the agenda with the addition of discussion item 1. i. Mileage Reimbursement. All ayes.
1. Public Input
2. Discussion Items
1. Updated Long Range Plan
2. Financial Information
3. Every Student Succeeds Act (Replacing NCLB)
4. 2014-2015 Audit Report
5. Information: Notice of School Board Election
Incumbent: John Ebert
2015-2016 Election Timetable
November 25 - Deadline for Publication of notice
December 28 - Deadline for filing incumbent notice of non-candidacy
January 5 - Deadline for filing declaration of candidacy
January 14 - Deadline for verification of declarations of candidacy
February 16 - Spring Primary
April 5 - Spring Election
April 25 - School Board member takes office
1. Discussion/Action Items
1. Payment of bills - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. Andrew Maertz abstained.
2. Approval of minutes from November 16, 2015 regular board meeting - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by John Ebert. All ayes.
3. District Administrator Evaluation Tool - motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
4. Open Enrollment - Special Education Space Determination - First reading of policy 5113.01. Second reading of policy at the January board meeting.
5. Graduation requirements - Second reading of policy 5460.01. Motion made by Rick Hein, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
6. Employment resignation, Keith Verbeten, assistant wrestling coach - motion made by Carie Boldt, seconded by Vicki Petska. All ayes.
7. Employment recommendations of Kent Kasten as assistant wrestling coach; Aaron Fredrick, Head football coach; Greg Penza, Josh Haese, and Matt Quellhorst, assistant football; Kris Hanson, Head volleyball; Kim Noskowiak, JV volleyball; Gina Meshak, JV2 volleyball; Shawn Eckstein, Head Cross Country - motion made by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt. All ayes.
8. Employment recommendation of Jeannette Schuessler for ELL Aide- motion made by Vicki Petska, seconded by Rick Hein. All ayes.
9. Mileage reimbursement change from $0.565/mile to $0.54/mile - motion made by Vicki Petska, seconded by John Ebert. All ayes.
1. District Administrator/High School Principal
Mr. Tony Butturini reported as follows: 1. Big East Conference honors band/choir concert 2. WASB Convention-January 20-22 3. First term honor roll 4. Observations of high school teachers 5. Panther for a Day-January 13
6. Possible closed session dates
2. Elementary/Middle School Principal
Mr. Michael Nate reported as follows: 1. Enrollment 2. December PLC notes 3. SLATE conference 4. Holiday concerts 5. ES/MS students of the month 6. Thank you to students/staff on clothing/food/present drives 7. Thank you to Carie Boldt, Connie Hoyer, Matthew Winrich and Sawyer Haese for Lego League
3. School Psychologist/Supervisor of Special Education
Ms. Angie Sanderfoot reported as follows: 1. Children with disabilities-Mrs. Henderson’s class field trip & Special Education Open Enrollment Q & A 2. ACT & Work Keys 3. School based billing
4. Board Members
1. Carie Boldt - scooter rental for convention
VI. Adjourn into Closed Session at 6:28 PM. According to SS 19.85 (1) (c) Considering
employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public
employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility.
The Reedsville Board of Education reserves the right to return to open session - motion
made by Vicki Petska, seconded by Carie Boldt. After further review, motion to adjourn
was rescinded. Closed session meeting tabled until January 11th at 6:00 PM.
VII. Adjournment - motion made to adjourn meeting at 6:35 PM by John Ebert, seconded by
Vicki Petska. Motion carried, meeting adjourned.
Vicki Petska, Clerk
Reedsville School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our District website content is available to all visitors. We consistently work to make this website more accessible and fully compliant to the standards put forth by the ADA and WCAG.